Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 year old baby

While walking in to Costco today I was carrying Carter cause he was tired and whiny.  There was a baby somewhere around one year old I would guess sitting in a cart.  She points to Carter and says, "baby, baby mama!"  Carter heard just as I did. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye to see if I had heard.  He could tell I had so he looked away with a little smile on his face.  I started laughing and so did he.  Maybe hearing it from someone smaller will help him realize he doesn't need to be held- he is 5!  Its funny cause at home if anyone says he is small, short, skinny, or looks younger than 5, he gets so mad and offended.  Because he is so small, it is even hard for me sometimes to remember to treat him like he is 5, not a toddler.  Okay, I guess part of that is that he is my baby right now! 
It was pretty funny though!

No comments:

Post a Comment