Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Family

I have been thinking a lot about how lucky Steve and I both are to have such amazing parents and siblings.  It rarely happens in the world as it has with us. We are truly blessed to have the relationships we do. 

Recently I have been going through old journals, photos, and videos for a school assignment.  Many brought tears and laughs.  I lay in bed the other night thinking about my childhood, in particularly the relationships that I have with my siblings from then until now.  I wanted to share a few things so that I can easily be reminded of my immense wealth in relationships in my family.

"To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."  ~Clara Ortega

No comments:

Post a Comment