Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sisters

 
I am pretty sure that I am going to get chastised for this post, but I couldn't resist.  I love these two wonderful sisters of mine so very much! They are funny, supportive, wonderful to my kids, understanding, easy to talk to, lots of fun, beautiful, motivating, talented, and the list could go on and on.  Although we didn't fight all that much growing up because I was the oldest and they the two youngest, I still never imagined being as close to them as I am now.  

I remember Neisha sleeping on my tummy when she was a baby.  Mom had plenty of drama to deal with thanks to Kelsee, that I had to "save" Neisha ; ) I was always so protective of her, to the other siblings and to any friends who picked on her. When I look at pictures it brings back memories of her little girl smile. She still has the same beautiful smile.  I remember how excited Neisha was when Elli was born and to this day the closeness they have I will always be grateful for. I remember calling her and mom every morning after Elli was born to come and be with me. I was a scared new mom! Neisha will not be. She has enough experience to be a pro already!

I remember when Kelsee was born looking like an indian baby.  I was so excited to have a sister. I read in my journal from that time and I thought she was the greatest thing to happen to this world. I can still hear her loud little voice from when she was just a toddler and preschooler. She loved to tell me all kinds of stories. I remember being concerned they were lies, but mom saying it was normal to show off at that age.  I remember her sassy attitude as she became a teenager, but always being envious of her personality.  I loved when she moved up here to school for a semester and we took a class together.  I hated when she moved back, despite her good reasoning!

Needless to say, I love these two and consider myself blessed beyond measure for the sisters I have been blessed with to have in my life. 
"A sister is a Forever Friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment