Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools

I am not a big fan of April Fools.  I fall for jokes way too easy and end up feeling stupid.  I don't like messing too much with the kids but thought it would be fun to do a silly dinner.  I made jello in clear glasses that looked like juice.  It took Elli a good few seconds to figure it out.  Very entertaining.  Unfortunately she told the other two before they could try.  We had meatloaf "cupcakes" with mashed potato "frosting".  They didn't fall for that though.  It was too obvious. I set the table with random plates and silverware.  The thought that was just dumb and not even funny, except that dad had a baby spoon to eat with. For dessert I scraped the frosting out of 3 Oreos and filled them with sour cream and gave them each one.  Carter had eaten nearly his whole thing before realizing it was different and Elli was half way through hers.  Bailey was saved and hadn't even taken a bite.  It was good I didn't use toothpaste like I planned cause it made them mad enough!  Before bed the kids always want a snack, usually graham crackers and mild in a bowl or cereal.  I froze water about half way full in a bowl and put their cereal on top with a tiny bit of milk.  I laughed so hard watching Bailey try to figure out what was going on. She tried to push her spoon in, picked up the bowl looked at the bottom of it, turned it around, tried again.  It was honestly a full minute or two before she looked over at me laughing my head off and knew I had done something to mess with her. 
By the end of the night they were tired of my little jokes but I think we all had fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Ha! Seriously funny :) I'm glad you had a good time with the kids. I didn't even think to try April Fools jokes. I'm too tired, I guess. How you guys doing otherwise? Any "jazzy" news?
    We love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete