Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Wedding

Now that I have the pictures back from our wedding, I want to take the time to document the special day.  Bare with  me, this post will be long, and major picture overload!

October 13, 2010:
With the majority of our family members here by evening time, we decided to have a banana split get together at our house so everyone could meet. With Steve's parents in Washington and mine in St. George, they hadn't met before.  It was fun to have everyone over and spend a little time together before the big day.

October 14, 2010:
7:00 am- Flowers are delivered.  I was very pleased! Turned out just as I wanted!
9:30 am-We decided to have our families meet at Kneaders for our favorite breakfast- All you can eat chunky cinnamon french toast.  Mmmm!
11:00 am- The shoes I ordered online (Pumas) to go under my dress hadn't arrived so ran around town looking for some. Thank you Nordstrom Rack- got some that I liked even better.
12:00 pm- Steve and the Dad's pick up the cake
4:00 pm- Start getting the kids ready. Bribing starts when the tux comes out of the bag.  Thank you Dad for the dual light saber set.  Loaded in the car ready for its front row seat.
4:30 pm- A few of us head to the reception center to set up the flowers, favors, and pictures.  I am so happy with the weather and the set up!
5:00 pm- Almost forget that I haven't even got ready yet!  Head to the Brides room with mom and sisters to get ready.  My dress is tight.  I know this is the case cause I want to hide all the flab with the corset top.  Didn't know it was going to be this tight.  It is hard to breath.  Gotta loosen it.  Oh well, at least some of the flab is hiding still!  The shoes are comfortable but the rubber soles come up to high on the sides and get stuck on my dress making it hard to walk.  Oh well. Too late now!  It will work.
5:55 pm- We are informed that the caterer has not yet arrived.  We have to stall the wedding.  Elli and Bailey are already in place, Carter and I are waiting our ride to the lower area on the golf cart. He does not like waiting.  Neither do I.
6:10 pm- Caterer's have arrived and assure us everything is under control. Time to head. Crap. Carter has to pee the second we sit down on the golf cart. You have got to be kidding me.  The wedding planner lady that is going to drive us down runs him in to the bathroom.
6:15 pm- Here we go.  We get to the back of the building to find Elli in tears insisting that she is not going to be the flower girl.  She is frantic and hysterical.  10 more minutes it takes me bribing, begging, pleading, and yes, threatening.  Thanks to my wonderful sister Neisha for volunteering herself to be part of the wedding walk, we move forward just as I am about in tears.  Elli crying or not, she is being dragged down the isle.  About by row 2, she has a hint of a smile.  Little punk.  I figured this would happen with Carter, not her.  Hadn't prepared for this. The music calms me down, I love the song I chose, a piano version of Rascal Flatts, "Bless the Broken Road."
6:25 pm- Carter and I are finally on our way down the isle. He is walking like a tin soldier with tiny steps.  It will take us an hour at this rate to get to the front where my husband-to-be is waiting.  I try leaning down and asking if he wants to walk faster. He says no.  At least he is smiling and so am I. Every one else is laughing.  We finally reach the front- I get to my Steve, He gets to his lightsaber bribe.  We are both happy.
6:30 pm- Our wonderful Bishop marries us.  It was short, sweet, and perfect. He is a great guy. He has done so much for me. I am glad he is here for us now.  I didn't cry like I thought I would. My eyes watered a few times but I held it in.  At last, we are husband and wife!  I couldn't be happier.  Heavenly Father knew what he was doing all along.  Why did it take me so long to trust him?!
6:45 pm- Family and friends, lots of hugs, I love them all.  Everyone heads up for hot carmel apple cider and we head for some quick pictures before sun down.
7:30 pm- Excellent food, except I can't eat much. My dress is too tight. Especially sitting down.  Where is Kelsee? I need to loosen it.  Wait, then I will look wider. I will just stand up.  Helps a little. Dang, I wanted more food...
8:30 pm-Cut the cake, smash it on Steve's face. He was nice to me.  Oh well.  I couldn't resist.  I likely will not live it down.
8:40 pm- First dance. I couldn't decide between two songs so I had Tyler surprise me.  It was perfect. Then I got to dance with my dad for the next one.
8:50 pm- Squeeze in some family pictures, say lots of good byes. We are so blessed to have two amazing families.  
9:00 pm- Time to get changed. Still got to drive to Park City tonight.  I grab my sisters to help me. I feel so much relief when the dress is undone, I can breathe.  My ribs feel bruised.  Good thing I didn't wait until January to get married. The dress never would have fit.  Gosh dang it. I need to diet.
9:15 pm- Head to the car. The kids have nicely decorated it.  Give lots of hugs to the kids and last minute instructions to family.  They are a little sad but they will be fine.  It is hard for me to leave them.  Heck, what is my problem. This is my honeymoon!  I am out of here!

The day was perfect. Everything about it.  Yes, even the little bloops- because it is us. It is our family. It is life!  Life has its moments of pure bliss and even more moments of pure frustration, and yet, all together, we find the greatest happiness, highest satisfaction, and deepest laughs, in our families. This is mine, it's official beginning, and everything that I love!






9 comments:

  1. I love it! The pics are great, the insight into the day was fun, and we loved being a part of it. We love you guys and are so happy to have you all as a forever part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day!! You can't even tell that you can't breath. Way to go! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!!! Everything about it. The colors, the flowers, the dress, the place...and most of all you! I have never seen you look so happy and gorgeous in my life. He is so good for you Mel. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa you look soooooo beautiful and so happy. I am so happy for you! Everything looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay- I starred this post to come back to it and comment...(Ive been a little pre-occupied with little Scarface :)

    YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!
    And I am sooo happy for you and that cute little family you and Steve have created.
    Seeing this makes me want to get married again.
    Maybe I will...I guess to Paul too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks BEAUTIUFL!!!! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete