Wednesday, November 17, 2010

7

I was doing Elli's hair today and she was chatting away as usual. She was telling me that she always wonders how things work and how things happen. Like how we see and why eyeballs see color and if we are looking into a mirror how we know it is us cause we can't really see our faces except for in mirrors.  She was getting into all this deep stuff about how our bodies work and it was so funny to see her mind working- just like mine!  I am just like that. I think about the logistics of everything. Maybe a girl thing, maybe a Melissa thing, probably some of both.  None the less, my daughter is already showing symptoms of my analysis disease that tends to drive others crazy!  The funniest thing was when Steve walked in and asked what we were talking about. I tried explaining a little bit and then Elli say's, "You won't understand, your a just man." When we asked what a "just man" was, she said, "It's what guys do. They don't understand things so they say, "that is just how it is.""  The annalist marries the just man. A perfect combination! 

When I was putting Elli to bed tonight she told me she wanted to have a late night with a friend this weekend. When I asked her who she would like to invite over she said, "M" (won't say the name but it is a BOY in her class.)  She went on to tell me about a big crush she has on M.  I told her it was best to just be friends for now.  Her reply was, "I try to like him as a friend but I just can't help it.  He is so cute and so nice and so funny!  If I have a late night with him we can just watch a movie and sit by each other."  Oh boy....  Then when I was walking out a few minutes later she was saying to herself, "M and Elli B, M and Elli B." I remember trying out the names of guys I liked, but that wasn't until I was in high school or college!  We are in so much trouble with this girl...

1 comment: