Saturday, March 3, 2012

Roasting in the snow


This year Carter had a campfire birthday.  The kids enjoyed roasting hotdogs and marshmallows, making smores, and playing games. They honestly would have been just as happy playing and running around, but I managed to get in a treasure hunt and pin the hotdog on the fire (lame I know-but they loved it!) My mom found a smores cake online and I made that, which ended up being super easy and turned out really cute. He loved it!  Even with the snow outside, the fire kept them warm and entertained.  He loved all the Starwars and weapons he got from friends. 
His favorite family presents were his paper jamz guitar,  Starwars fighter pods, and Lego Ningago guy.  He got spoiled, as usual, but was pretty polite and grateful for a  6 year old which made me happy.
I think he had a great day from the donuts we took to his school class to the party with friends and then family.  It made for a full day, but a fun one too.  As always, the goal was to make him happy and feel special- I think we accomplished that! Phew!






No comments:

Post a Comment