Thursday, March 22, 2012

Awh...the smells

I think that any pregnant woman can agree with me that your sense of smell escalates greatly during pregnancy.  It has been particularly strong this time.  The dog is rarely in the house but within seconds of her coming in I am wanting to gag. Some foods cooking smell good, where others require airing out the house afterwards.  You never know what it will be and it depends on the day.  Steve regularly comes home with products from Bath and Body Works to improve the smell of our house.  Candles, air fresheners, plug-ins, you name it!  Such a sweet husband I have. My friends told me that she couldn't stand the smell of her husband when she was pregnant. That is not a problem for me- I just can't stand the smell of MYSELF! I am constantly asking Steve if I stink and he either lies and says "no" or I really don't stink, I just feel like I do.  It makes me crazy cause it is obviously impossible to get away from the smell of yourself! 

Well I am not the only one with a strange sense of smell right now.  The other day Carter came and sat next to me on the couch.  He started sniffing at me.  I thought, "Oh great, here we go, verification that I really do stink!"  But, what came out of his mouth was, "Mom, you smell like Home Depot."  I busted up laughing.  But my question is, does Home Depot scent count as stink?

No comments:

Post a Comment