Monday, February 6, 2012

Sleeping girl

Many of you are probably aware of the sleep challenges we have had with Elli.  Over the course of her life we have tried many things, done much research, and banged our heads helplessly against the wall.  No matter what we did nothing seemed to work.  I had given up and just let her come in and sleep on our floor as long as she didn't wake us up.  We knew it couldn't be good for her but we were out of ideas.  With the baby coming soon I obviously haven't been sleeping well either.  Steve tried to help in every way he could. One day he came home with this maternity pillow called a Snoogle. It is really big and wraps around your whole body either from the front or the back. I tried it for a few nights and it was fine but nothing special. Elli and Carter both thought it was the coolest thing.  They wanted to try sleeping with it so I let Carter one night and then Elli the next.  Well, Elli didn't wake up! 

Steve and I both woke up several times to make sure she was breathing in her bed alone.  Sure enough, she was snuggled right in the middle of that big pillow sound asleep.  I laughed and prayed my thanks immediately as I was so unbelievable grateful for just one night of hope!  We decided the next day to let her try again.  Same thing happened!  We are now down 6 nights without a little Elli in our room!  Now I am scared to get my hopes up that this is permanent, but I refuse to not be optimistic either.  Who woulda thought that the solution to my years of sleepless nights, stress and tears could be solved with a $50 pillow for a pregnant lady?!  Why didn't I think of that sooner!  I don't care the weirdness of this little miracle, and call me crazy, but I can not tell you how many prayers of thanks have been made this last 6 days.  It is truly a miracle in my eyes and couldn't be a coincidence.  I know a blessing when I see one! 

3 comments:

  1. yahoo! I sleep with a body pillow at night even when I am not pregnant. They are great. Hoping that it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I am so going to try this for Delanie, my non-sleeper who is going on 8! We have the same trouble. I can't remember the last time she stayed in her bed all night. Now if I could recreate this without spending $50 it would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same pillow I used when I was pregnant with Makenna. It was wonderful and I wish that I would've shelled out the money when I was pregnant with Jake. So worth it!! I'm hopeful it helps Elli sleep forever!! Now, it only we had the solution to "I'm scared!" wake-ups with a certain 3 year old. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete