Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 weeks

I feel guilty that I haven't documented any of this pregnancy.  Despite the sickness and pain, I do enjoy being pregnant. I like being part of the miracle of bringing a new life into the world.  I love feeling my baby move, hearing his heartbeat, and planning for his arrival.  I feel so blessed to have the ability to carry a child, I know it is a great blessing and great responsibility. 

This last trimester has begun with its challenges.  My back and hips are struggling, very painful. I don't sleep well and can't ever get comfortable. It doesn't help that I am in the process of my 3 month student teaching experience in a first grade class and am gone 8.5-9 hours a day.  Even though Carter is still in Kindergarten I feel that I am constantly caring for 27 Carter's.  Love the boy and love the age, but 27 of them every day for 7.5 hours (we have extended day schools), is just a bit overwhelming when dealing with the energy level accompanied with my severe back/hip pain.  The combination leaves me pretty useless the rest of the time!  Poor Steve has had to take on quite the load at home. I can not express how thankful I am for such an amazing husband. 

Despite the overwhelming work and the pain, I am enjoying my student teaching.  My cooperating teacher is great. She is very understanding and accommodating.  I am learning a lot and the experience is priceless.  I love the school I am in and the Principal too.  Even with the frustrating moments, those kids make me laugh every day.  It is impossible not to love them, and yearn for their well being. I am thankful to have this opportunity and just hope I make it through before this little guy decides to make his grand entrance.  I should have one week to spare, but you never know!

Doctor says I am measuring just right. I have gained less weight than with my other two but I also started out bigger.  We have another ultrasound in a few weeks to check baby's kidneys again before birth but I feel a lot less worried knowing whatever it is, is fixable.   This little man is very active.  The kids and Steve all enjoy feeling him move and of course I do too!  I just hope he decides to sleep at least some normal times once he arrives.  I am excited for April, but I feel content right now knowing that he is protected and can be with me all the time.  Its amazing how the bond begins so soon between a mother and her child. I am thankful for this time!

These pictures are horrible but at least I feel that I have something to show my belly.  I had to tweak the coloring a little bit cause I look terrible. The bags under my eyes look like black eyes, I am slouching, my hair is flat and greasy, and my skin is pasty white.  There was no way to hide it all but hey, I tried!

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful! Hang in there (and, baby boy, let your Mama sleep!!) Love you all

    ReplyDelete