Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You are my sunshine

When most people hear the word "sweet", they probably think of a cute little girl.  Not that little girls aren't sweet, but when I hear the word I think of my sweet little boy.  Okay, I know he is 5, but he is still little to me.  He loves to snuggle and play with my eyebrows, just like he did when he was smaller.  He isn't embarrassed to say, "Bye Mom I love you" in front of his whole Kindergarten class when they are lined up to go into the room in the morning.  He still believes that mommy's kiss will heal any scratch or scrape.  He still insists I sing to him every night when putting him to bed.  He still wants help warming up after getting out of the bath.  He still has to have a kiss and hug before leaving the house.  He still runs to find me when he gets home from school.  He is still proud to show me his school work and sing me the songs he learned at school.  And he still loves to do things for me.

Yesterday after school he insisted on packing me a lunch in his Transformers lunch box for me to eat in bed.  He did it himself.  It included: an applesauce, a small box of cereal, mandarin oranges, a fruit roll up, and a packaged chocolate chip cookie.  He brought it to me with a huge grin on his face and sat on the bed waiting for me to eat it.  I guess when he was packing it, he pulled out the chocolate chip cookie and just looked at if for a minute. Then he turned to Steve and said, "Dad, can you have sugar when your pregnant?"  I thought that was so cute. 

A few days ago he wanted to make a picture using stickers.  We got him out some paper and box of stickers.  I walked away and came back a little later and he said, "Don't look Mom."  Then, "Mom, you are going to pass out when you see how much I love you."  He brought the paper to me in bed and it had stickers covering every inch.  He was so proud. I pretended to pass out.  He said, "I told you that I loved you that much!"

Another cute thing about Carter right now is that he is totally obsessed with my pregnancy.  He is always asking to read about it and see pictures. He wants to know how big the baby is now and what it can do.  He can't wait to feel it kick.  I get a weekly email about how the pregnancy changes and he loves reading it with me.  My only concern is that he REALLY wants a little brother.  He is convinced it is a little brother.  So if its a girl, it might be a bit of an issue.  I told him we dont get to pick and he said, "Heavenly Father will pick a boy for me."  When I told him that it might be a girl that needs to come to our family and if it is you will still love it, he said, "At first I will throw a fit. And then I will be okay with it."  I told him he would have to protect his little sister or brother. He liked that idea. I think I will stick with that one for now...

I just adore this little guy of mine.  I know some things will change as he continues to grow up, but I believe the sweetness will stick.  I call him my sunshine for a reason- he lights up my day and warms my heart. 
Carter and cousin Makai

Being tricky

No comments:

Post a Comment