Friday, October 14, 2011

Simply the Best

I know it probably seems ironic that the day I get around to blogging about my wonderful husband is our anniversary, but it is really simply a coincidence.  With my bedrest and sickness during this pregnancy, Steve has been amazing.  He takes such good care of me and the kids.  He has sacrificed so much sleep staying up with me, rubbing my shoulders, and doing everything he can think of to allow me to relax enough to sleep.  The other night was particularly bad.  I knew he had to get up early for work and got in bed late after he closed and then came home to a grumpy, sick wife.  But still, he was up most of the night with me, without hesitation or complaint. 
He has taken over my every role in this house. Not that he ever leaves everything to me, he is always helpful, but now he does it all- cleaning, shopping, driving kids, you name it.  I don't even ask- he just does it.  I honestly don't know how I would live without this wonderful man by my side.
Maybe it is times like this when you truly notice how lucky we are. But I can honesty say, since I met Steve, I have felt a continuous streak of good luck.  No one happens upon this kind of guy on accident however.  Heavenly Father truly knew the perfect one for me. I am so thankful daily for that blessing.

Today is our one year anniversary.  I can hardly believe it.  In a way it seems like yesterday, and in a way it seems I had no existence before him.  All I know is that I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now.  I love my little family, and the little one on the way.  I love the struggles we have been through and the fun that we have.  I love having a husband that can make me laugh like no one else can.  I love the feeling of security I have in my relationship.  I love the way we work together to cover all our needs.  I love seeing our children change and grow. I love having a husband who never walks through the door after work without giving me a hug first thing.  I love that we will be able to go to the temple to be sealed soon.  I love how my life has worked out and how everything I have experienced seems to make perfect sense, because now, I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment