Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Graduation

 
I can't believe that I finally graduated.  It is such a good feeling!  It has been a long journey but I am so glad I did it!  After I got divorced and knew I may have to provide for my family on my own, I had to make the decision to go back to school and what to study.  Before I had kids I was going into nursing.  I hadn't made it very far but I had a decent start.  For some reason though, I didn't feel that was the right direction to go.  Around the time of debating these things, I got a job at the elementary school where Elli was in Kindergarten. I worked in the lunch room and as a teachers aid.  I loved it!  Yes, even the lunchroom which was crazy, I actually enjoyed.  I was praying like crazy to know the route to take for myself.  The answer I received was the most clear answer I have ever received.  I knew that I was supposed to be a teacher.  I just knew. With not a single doubt.  I started school a month later with just one class for the first 2 semesters and then gradually working up to my full time schedule during the program.  It was a wild ride but I really loved school, I just hated being gone from my kids so much.  But thanks to so many amazing friends and family, we made it work and now I can say I did it!  Even with all the changes during the time I was in school, there were always challenges but always rewards.  The weird thing about being done is that I am almost sad.  I truly love learning and when you are studying a field you have a real interest in, it makes it just that much better.  I hope that I can return to school to get my Master degree sometime.  I would love to get a Masters in Child Psychology or even just education again.  That will be a goal for a ways down the road, but I look forward to it.  

A lot of people have asked what I am doing now.  I plan on taking a year off to just be a mom.  My kids need it and so do I.  Not to mention having a new baby. I can't imagine taking him to day care.  I hope to sub and have already had several teachers ask me to sub for them which is great to keep my foot in the door and stay up on educational advances. 



We took the kids to graduation so they could see what I have been working so hard for. They have sacrificed too!  I hope it inspires the to continue their educations when they get there too!

1 comment:

  1. congrats Melissa! You have always amazed me, you are incredible! Love all of your photos and updates, so glad to see you so happy!

    ReplyDelete