Friday, July 8, 2011

Baptism

Elli had a wonderful baptism on July 2.  After a mix up with dates with the stake, we ended up having our own private baptism.  I was worried about it for a while, but it ended up being perfect and I was so grateful that we were able to do our own thing.  The Spirit was so strong and Elli felt so special.
 There were about 60 people there for her and I think she felt very loved.  Kevin and Neisha gave the talks and did wonderful.  She had asked me the week before if she could share her testimony at her baptism since she wouldn't be in church the next day.  So after she was baptized and confirmed she shared a short, simple, and pure little testimony about how she felt.  It was the cutest thing I had ever heard.  I am so proud of her.
 After she was baptized and I was changing her, she said to me, "Mom, it's hard to believe I am perfect right now."  She really seemed to understand and take in the whole purpose of baptism.
Later that day Elli got in a little fight with a friend. She pulled me into my room crying.  She said to me, very upset, "Mom, I just did my first sin.  What do I do?"  She proceeded to tell me that she had mean thoughts about this girl and she knew the spirit didn't like that.  She was worried because Kevin had said in his talk that when you take the sacrament you can be forgiven again but she wasn't going to be at church for a few weeks and didn't want to wait until she went to church again to be forgiven.  It was amazing to see her little mind really trying to do what she could to stay clean.  It was a great experience for me to be able to talk to her about prayer and repentance.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for my little girl.  I am so lucky to be her mom and feel blessed to have the Gospel in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Mel. You're a great mom and you are teaching her well! I hope you survived the month without them ok. Come down and see me!!! :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete