Saturday, May 19, 2012

The rest of the best!

I thought it probably seems that I am neglecting my other children as I have blogged about Chase so much.  So, here is an update on the rest of the best kids in the world!  
 Bailey- The last few months have been busy for Bailey preparing for dance recitals and end of 5th grade testing. She loves to play on her ipod, ride bikes, and play barbies.  One day Elli and Bailey were playing Barbies and they got in a fight.  Turns out the fight was that Elli wanted the barbies to date in their game, and Bailey said that wasn't right cause it might make them want to date and they are too young.  It was so cute.  It is already pretty clear that this is one kid who has her head on straight and we wont have to worry about her!  I asked her if she ever fights with her friends (Elli does constantly) and she said no and looked at me like I was dumb for asking.  She is very even tempered and easy going. We have only very recently started to see small signs of the pre-teen sass, but so far, nothing we can't handle or laugh about!

 Elli- This little girl thinks that she needs to grow up much faster then her momma would like her to.  She is all about being fancy, wants a cell phone SO bad, fights like crazy with her friends, and is very worried about passing her 3rd grade tests.  It seems to me that the things that she is experiencing right now are things that I remember from about age 13, not 8!  Sometimes its hard to remember that she is only 8 because in some ways she truly acts older.  But in other was, she is still just a sweet innocent little kid.  My singing and snuggles comfort her above anything else.  She is very good with Chase.  Very protective and proud, however she does not handle his crying well at all. Elli loves boys, seafood, high heels, reading, ipod, doritos, and her school teacher.  I am impressed with Elli's testimony.  She is very interested in the second coming, hates hearing bad words, and is good at apologizing when she makes mistakes. 


Carter has been loving his little brother so much. The last few months he has been so good. He is suddenly happy, obedient, and cooperative.  He has his moments of course but he is just so happy all the time it is wonderful.  I have been really stressed about my milk supply as it has been too low for Chase. I have had to supplement with formula and been trying everything I could find to increase my supply.  Anyways, Carter and Elli heard me talking on the phone about it and asked what I was talking about. I explained it to them saying I was frustrated cause I had tried everything and nothing was working.  Carter said matter-of-factly, "Have you prayed about it mom? If you pray about it I know Heavenly Father will give you more milk." At that moment I felt like a real idiot.  I told him the truth, I hadn't really prayed about it.  I thanked him for thinking of that for me and told him I thought it was a great idea.  He said, "I will pray for you too mom."  I saw him praying several times during the day, and he included it when we said family prayer as well.  So cute what we can learn from our kids.  Makes me want to be a better person every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment